- Sole Practitioner
- Social Security Disability
While struggling with incapacitating illnesses or injuries, the last thing people need is worries over how they will support themselves and their families. Representing clients before the Social Security Administration, the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit, I tirelessly pursue the benefits my clients deserve.
My office recognizes the stress and confusion that may come with applying for SSD benefits. Standing by their sides, I help clients gather and submit the necessary documentation to support their claims, fill out the appropriate forms and respond to any requests from the Social Security Administration for additional information or evidence.
I offer free initial consultations at the Law Office of Meryl Anne Spat. During that initial interaction, I do not simply offer cookie-cutter advice to potential clients. Rather, I take time to get to know people and to understand how their conditions have affected their lives and the lives of their loved ones. Only after learning about potential clients and their unique situations do I offer customized legal guidance tailored to suit their needs and goals.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1989
- Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa
- B.A. - 1984
- Major: Classics
- Connecticut, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- National Association of Social Security Claimant Representatives (NOSSCR)
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Waterbury Bar Association
- Navy Reserves